Friday 1 August 2008

Kristal Ka Side Effects

I bought a Bajaj Kristal recently (June 20, 2008). I m a bit short.. so decided to settle down with a Kristal or Scooty. I am not able to reach down when i use Activa.I have been riding for the past 12 years.. My first vehicle was TVS champ (in 1996).. then had a Kinetic Honda DX(in 1999).. then an Activa (in 2005). Now Kristal. Yes, this one gives me a very good mileage.. almost 55-60Kms/Ltr.. But I not happy with the vehicle. There are a lot of discomforts, not one.

Let me start with the performance of this vehicle. It has the worst pick up I can say. For a 95cc vehicle, it does not give enough. It takes almost 12-15 seconds to accelerate from 0-40Kms/hr. This is really worse than our good old Scooty (70cc). I remember my DX zooming to 50Kms/hr in a fraction of a second, yes ofcourse it is a 2-stroke engine.

Second best thing is that after riding for sometime, say 20 minutes, the vehicle starts pulling. When I release the throttle the engines switches off. I have to wait for minimum 2-3 minutes before I can restart the vehicle and continue my journey. It is very difficult to do this when we are amidst traffic. Not to comment on Bangalore traffic. The cars just wait for a chance to honk away.

Next is the design or the make. It does not give a good sitting posture. I suffer from pains on my shoulder and upper back on riding it for half an hour or so. This is because of the poor design the vehicle has. I used to not face this with Activa or my DX.

To top this all is the service station. This is the most pathetic service I have ever received. I had filled my tank for almost Rs.100/- (approx 1.85 Ltr, I can cover more than 110Kms with this). I had rode for just 8-10 Kms. This means I can ride for another 100Kms atleast. Let us assume they had used around 250ml of petrol for cleaning the engine (which I am sure they have not done), I should still be able to ride another 70-75Kms. I get the vehicle back from service, and hardly 15-20Kms later, I am standing in the road without petrol!!!!! Should I call this pilferege or day-light robbery?? Well, you can ask me why I gave my vehicle with petrol. I used my Activa for almost 3 years before this. This has never happened there. Even if I were to have Rs.50/- of petrol in the tank, I would get it back the very same way. That is the kind of reputation Honda service centers have built.

Now to talk about the serving part, I was not there standing next to them when they did it. But out of my 12 years of riding experience, I can surely say if my vehicle has been serviced or not. I am very dissapointed to say that there is nothing done to the vehicle during the 1st service!!! I have got the vehicle back with nothing more than a water wash. There was a call from Bajaj for feedback. I told them clearly what has happened. Its been almost a month since i heard from them. So they dont mind having a unhappy customer.

About the engine oil, my engine has been ceasing very often. I doubt if they have changed the engine oil during the service (though I was charged Rs.200/-, yes Two Hundred Rupees for the oil)

Overall.. I regret for not buying a Scooty or Pleausure. Now I realize why I find so few of the Kristals while there are sooooooo many Scootys all around Bangalore. So anybody in the look out for a new vehicle..... please strike Kristal out of your list. Thanks for your time.

1 comment: