Monday 13 September 2010

Art Of Learning!

Have u ever wondered how do u learn new skills?
I had never given much thought to it until the day I could not learn something new!
I had always been a fast learner.. be it riding a bicycle, or a motor bike or writing a program.. I always somehow knew it beforehand, or that is what I used to feel whenever I got to do something new and I could learn it real quick. So I never really paid attention to the art of learning.. I just assumed it as a way of life, until came Friday!
I had been to Essel World on Friday. It has a ice skating rink.. I had never tried ice-skating.. Infact I had never even tried skating on wheels.. I thought why not give it a try.. It shouldnt be difficult.
Confidently wore the shoes, and walked into the ice rink, just to meet my biggest fall! To get back on my feet was a challenge. The instructors in there gave me a hand, and some tips on how to move around without loosing my balance. I tried for more than an hour. I was cold and badly bruised by then. I decided to GIVE UP! I could not understand how I could not learn something which others could do!
Then I realised that I have grown old. The first fall had created a kind of fear within me, the fear of falling, the fear of getting hurt. This held me back from trying. To learn a new skill, you must try until you succeed.
While I was younger, I did not care for the wounds or the pain followed. I did not care for the scars it could leave. All that mattered was to do it. But now... Do I sound like I m 80 already!! @#$^&*@#$

3 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmm......age is just a number honey...also it's all in ur mind....don't give up sooo soooonnnn sweetheart....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your mom is right but you can still try as the saying goes try , try and again until you succeed
    also when you drove the first bicycle you would have fallen but you should not fear
    dar ke age jeet hai
    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete