Sunday 6 March 2016

Dhaniya Tea

Do you know how dhaniya (coriander leaves) tastes? I didn’t, until today. I use it for garnishing because everyone does. Always thought, may be, it is for the nutritional benefits, or to increase the visual appeal of that dish! :P
Today I made rasam (a south Indian gravy to be eaten with rice), and rasam is always garnished with dhaniya. When the rasam was almost made I saw my half cup tea from the evening. I thought I can reheat it and have it now. At the side, I was chopping dhaniya to garnish the rasam.
Once I took down the rasam from the gas, I placed my tea to reheat. With one eye on my phone and mind wandering in some thoughts, I put these chopped dhaniya into the tea. After hardly a second I realized my folly and filtered out the tea immediately. But one sip of this tea has taught me the taste of dhaniya!
Being the tea lover that I am, I could not throw it away. So I drank the “dhaniya tea” :)

No comments:

Post a Comment