Saturday 20 February 2010

Come home for DOSA!

Goofing up has become a part of being me. Today’s story is just another one of my deeds, in fact I would call it 'being myself'.

Being a south-Indian I am expected to be good at making dosas. Once in a while they do turn out perfectly circular, crisp and in one piece! Last evening was one such times where everything seemed right. I assumed to have perfected the art. I had enough batter left and chutney to go with it.

So I decided to make dosas for all my friends and flaunt my skills. I invited everyone who was in the staffroom home for dosa and tea. Six of my friends trusted me and came home as well! My room mate and her boyfriend were also at home. This means I had to serve for nine plates.

I confidently took the batter and added some water. When the tava was hot I tried to spread the batter with the spoon, just like a professional. Unfortunately it did not need any 'spreading'. It was already 'flowing'. The “some” water that I had mixed was actually a LOT of water. So, you can now imagine the state of my dosas!

Everyone got to try their expertise with the art, but the batter did not seem to give in. We threw some of the dosas, while we landed up eating some sticky ones. Everyone complimented the chutney, that I had bought from a near by shop, instead of commenting on the dosas. Wasn't that really sweet of them!

Whether we had good butter dosas as planned or not, we sure had a good tea and a good time together.

4 comments:

  1. thats ok goofup queen,u will make it one fine day ,as its said, try try till u succeed. so frm goofup queen u will bcm go up queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoooooooo...when will u stop goofing up??? I want a daily update now on your goofups...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....come on c ..as per my knowledge nd memory ...u r a veryy good cook...i can never forget ur cold coffee nd ur paanipuris ..yummy....of course i dunno abt ur Dosas though :D...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pushpa.. well.. good cooks are supposed to render consistent results.. not one time wonders.. and cold coffee and panipuri dont need any "cooking" ;)

    ReplyDelete