Wednesday 17 March 2010

Lady on my bed.

It was 4 in the morning. Nature's call forced me to wake up from my slumber. My eye lids were heavy and sleep forced me to keep them closed. Yet the call was urgent and had to get up.

Slowly I opened my eyes and in the dark, I could see an image of an elderly woman seated at the end of my bed. She looked worn out and did not move. I thought it was the kind of images darkness forces you to see as you open your eyes. So I closed my eyes again, waited for a few seconds and then tried to look again. She seemed to be there just the way she had been. She hadn't moved by an inch!

The usual fear created by the power of my imagination creeped in. I closed my eyes again wondering how powerful my hallucinations have become. They had now started to take definite shapes and linger for much longer than just glimpses!

I lay with my eyes closed. Some thoughts were trying to analyse the image, while some trying to shoo the image away. Who could it be? Or is it just the way curtain falls in the darkness? Or do ghosts really exist? But the nature's call interrupted me reminding of my presence and my need to take a visit to you know where. So I looked again, and she was right there!

I got freaked and screamed out my room-mate's name. She turned the lights on, only to find NO ONE at the end of my bed!

Guess I scared the poor lady away ;)

2 comments:

  1. I guess you shouted so loud...it scared the lady...and maybe..she pissed in her pants too..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool ones but why did you stop writting in hindi after your first one i know you hindi is like .... but should not giv up

    your friend

    ReplyDelete